Cartus surveyed 122 relocation managers from the Americas, EMEA, and APAC for our 2012 Trends in Global Relocation survey. They lent their insight into the trends and challenges companies and assignees face and how their global relocation policies and programs are responding.
Among the highlights of the survey:
Global relocation continues to grow, but benefits are being reduced.
A full 57% of respondents expected relocation activity to increase, while an additional 37% expected it to remain constant, for a total of 94% who either anticipate activity to remain at current levels or expect that it will increase.
Companies’ interest in cost control continues to be high
Of respondents, 61% reported an increase in cost focus over the past two years—slightly less than those reporting an increase in 2010 (76%).
Overall compliance issues
Tax, compensation, benefits, and visa and immigration were rated the areas that will pose the greatest concern to relocation programs in the future.
Emerging market locations continue to grow
The United States, China, and Singapore received the most relocation volume over the past two years, but respondents named 41 separate countries among their top three most frequent destinations. That number grew to 74 when companies were asked about new destinations to which they have been sending assignees.
Email this contributor at email@example.com.